Tuesday, July 19, 2005

More Framing, and I PEED IN THE SINK FOR NO REASON

As you can see, we've gotten more of the dormer framed out:



There are now side walls and some plywood to keep Silent Bob from sneaking out to attend concerts in the middle of the night. Last night I heard another ruckus of the roof, so either my tailless, clawless, toothless old cat is much craftier than I gave her credit for, or morbidly obese squirrels are performing Cirque du Soleil-esque acrobatics directly above my bed.

We can also see how the landing will layout with the New! Wall!:



This excites me more than it reasonably should. I took more photos last night but appletinis + poor lighting = really bad digital photography.

In addition to the appletinis, I also consumed copious amounts of asparagus. Stinky asparagus pee is usually nothing more than a joke, a novelty, something to leave behind in the bathroom to horrify your friends and family; but last night it took on a new dimension of horror.

My contractor had told me that I would be out a toilet last night. I was wary at first, but realized that as long as I had a shower and a sink and dropped the kids off at the pool yesterday at work, I'd be hunky-dory. In fact, I was so addled by the sheer volume of ice cream cake residing in my gut after I got home last night, that I neglected to parse the fact that water in the bowl generally means the toilet is functional. So I peed in the sink for no good reason. Stinky asparagus pee, too, which I had to rinse down with carelessly flung-about water from the sink tap in order to dispel the noxious odor of wet dog slathered in Limberger downwind of a paper mill.

Lesson learned: always return your contractor's phone calls. Always.

In more construction-related news, the new pipes went in for the upstairs toilet:



It's hard to tell, but the valve thingy ends below the ceiling, so they'll have to drop it a foot. No big loss, since it's a 9' ceiling and I was going to tear out the plaster and drywall it eventually anyway.

This afternoon I'll try to take photos of the framing for the windows and skylight. The skylight just tickles me to no end.

1 comment:

HutchDeluxe said...

I'm sickened and excited all at once. Shame on us. And I'm reminded of the time Mr. Goodrich mentioned how weird it seemed to him that people get off on watchmepee.com. To this day I love the sound of that domain name in conversation.